From: Kjell Otto <otto.kjell-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: x2go desktop sharing under Ubuntu
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.user
Date: Monday 18th March 2013 13:10:51 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hi Dan,

you probably would like to use the Shadow Session feature of the
x2goclient.
Normally when you close the opened Window with the X-Button on the Window
frame, you'll suspend the session.

If you have this session, you can access it with the shadow feature called
like
seen in the attachment. This means you connect to another, existing session
started on the server.

If you don't log out of that session you would be able to share that
session
multiple times. If logged out, you have to create a session again.

Greetings,
Kjellski

2013/3/16 Dan MacDonald :
> Hi x2go users and devs!
>
> I installed x2go server under Ubuntu 12.04 from the x2go ppa. The server
is
> running KDE and I'm hoping to share just one users KDE desktop with
various
> clients (at least 1) although I have only tried logging in from Windows 7
so far
> and I always get a new desktop instead of being presented to option of or
> automatically getting logged onto the already running desktop.
>
> I asked about this in IRC and I was told that x2godesktopsharing need not
be
> installed on the server to achieve what I want as I thought that would be
the
> way to do this initially. Instead I was told I needed to suspend my
session but
> I'm not sure how that process is supposed to work. I installed the KDE
x2go
> plasmoid but that only seems to be able to suspend desktops that have
logged in
> remotely- the suspend option is greyed out for user logged in locally.
The user