Mike Gabriel | 17 Jun 02:33 2013
Picon

Re: Black screen for existing session

Hi Rui,

On Sa 15 Jun 2013 10:29:15 CEST Rui Cruz wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> After the recent Ubuntu update of x2go I'm having some problems with my
> windows client on Windows 7:

Have you upgraded from ppa:x2go/ppa, ppa:x2go/stable or
ppa:x2go/baikal (LTS stable)?

> Everytime I try to resume a session the screen goes completly dark, even
> the x2go logo dosn't appear. The only way I can regain graphics is to
> terminate the session and start it again.

Urggh... Anyone else observing this (apart from Karel)?

> I try then to update the Client to the last on the site and the problem is
> still hapening.

Which version is this exactly?

> Sometimes I run the install for Windows and the problem is solved but this
> seems a question of "luck" since this dosn't allways solve the problem.

Hmmm...

> The server is using gnome.

GNOMEv2 or GNOMEv3???

> also, I try to decrease the bandwith and image quality in the session
> options but didn't work and even create a new Windows profile and run a
> fresh x2go profile.

As you noticed that things changed after a server upgrade, the client
configuration cannot be what causes the observed problem.

> Any ideas on how to fix this?

Is the issue also occurring with x2goclient on Linux? Use a similar
version if possible (from ppa:x2go/stable or ppa:x2go/baikal). Also
try with the latest development version available (ppa:x2go/ppa).

Thanks,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM