From: Andreas Yankopolus <andreas-pMm6e6S9W3U <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: X2Go and ssh forwarding
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.user
Date: Thursday 27th June 2013 13:37:12 UTC (over 3 years ago)
I was at first rather mystified by Mike's answer referencing SSH proxy tab,
as I didn't see it in my X2Go client, but updating to 4.0.1.0 addressed
that ;-)

The proxy option times out when I try it on my system. I'm not able to
check "Show Details" during the connection attempt to track what's
happening.

My connection from the OS X Terminal is:

$ ssh -X -A -t [email protected]
ssh -A -X [email protected]

I have internal.ip.address listed as the server in my connection
preferences and andreas as the login. I've checked "Use Proxy server for
SSH connection" in preferences and added external.ip.address as the host.
"Same login as on X2Go Server" is checked. Passwords are different, so
that's unchecked.

—Andreas

On Jun 27, 2013, at 07:05, Kjell Otto
 wrote:

> As I remember, this feature is not very well tested, I've come across the
usage in the codebase... only thing I can recall is that the informations
were not really used already.

> If anything is not working there, tell us Andreas, I think I might be
able to help then ;)

> Greetings,
> Kjellski
>

> 2013/6/26 Mike Gabriel

> Hi Andreas,
>

> On Di 25 Jun 2013 16:29:41 CEST Andreas Yankopolus wrote:
>
> Mike,
>
> SSH agent forwardings are only supported by the Python X2Go Client named
PyHoca-GUI. X2Go Client does not support forwarding of agent auth requests.

> It's not looking like PyHoca-GUI plays well with OS X. Is it possible to
set up port forwarding manually and point X2Go at localhost when
connecting? Or maybe there's some other option?

> Aftern thinking it through, you should be able to use the SSH proxy
feature (Connection tab of X2Go Client). Configure the public.ip.address as
the SSH proxy and the private.ip.address as X2Go Host. Enable SSH Agent
authentication for both target machines (SSH Proxy, X2Go Host).