From: Andreas Yankopolus <andreas-pMm6e6S9W3U <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: X2Go and ssh forwarding
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.user
Date: Saturday 27th July 2013 00:02:02 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Deleted and re-entered the config on my end and was able to pull up the
remote desktop. Connection forwarding on OS X works!

—Andreas

On Jul 26, 2013, at 16:52, Andreas Yankopolus
 wrote:

> Did some more poking around with this. Console output consists of:
>
> ***
>
> ONMainWindow constructor
>
> Can't load translator (:/x2goclient_en_us) !
>
> Can't load translator  :/qt_en_US
> ONMainWindows constructor finished, home Directory is: "/Users/ayank"
>
> read  2  sessions from config file
> start new ssh connection to server: "private.ip.address" : "22" krb:
false

> "Can not connect to private.ip.address:22"  -  "Timeout connecting to
localhost"

> ***
>
> I'm attempting to connect to a computer at public.ip.address via a proxy
server to get at private.ip.address. I've verified that I can do this on
the ssh command line.

 wrote:

>> Could you try to use the client from the console and list the output?
Maybe we can get somewhere with the printouts...?!

>> Greetings,
>> Kjellski
>>
>> P.S.: @Mike, I've further improved the debugging on my clone of the
client, should I try to merge that into upstream and let
>> you have a look?
>>

>> 2013/6/27 Andreas Yankopolus
>> I was at first rather mystified by Mike's answer referencing SSH proxy
tab, as I didn't see it in my X2Go client, but updating to 4.0.1.0
addressed that ;-)

>> The proxy option times out when I try it on my system. I'm not able to
check "Show Details" during the connection attempt to track what's
happening.

>> My connection from the OS X Terminal is:
>>
>> $ ssh -X -A -t [email protected]
ssh -A -X [email protected]

>> I have internal.ip.address listed as the server in my connection
preferences and andreas as the login. I've checked "Use Proxy server for
SSH connection" in preferences and added external.ip.address as the host.
"Same login as on X2Go Server" is checked. Passwords are different, so
that's unchecked.

 wrote:

>>> As I remember, this feature is not very well tested, I've come across
the usage in the codebase... only thing I can recall is that the
informations were not really used already.

>>> If anything is not working there, tell us Andreas, I think I might be
able to help then ;)

>>> Greetings,
>>> Kjellski
>>>

>>> 2013/6/26 Mike Gabriel

>>> Hi Andreas,
>>>

>>> On Di 25 Jun 2013 16:29:41 CEST Andreas Yankopolus wrote:
>>>
>>> Mike,
>>>
>>> SSH agent forwardings are only supported by the Python X2Go Client
named PyHoca-GUI. X2Go Client does not support forwarding of agent auth
requests.

>>> It's not looking like PyHoca-GUI plays well with OS X. Is it possible
to set up port forwarding manually and point X2Go at localhost when
connecting? Or maybe there's some other option?

>>> Aftern thinking it through, you should be able to use the SSH proxy
feature (Connection tab of X2Go Client). Configure the public.ip.address as
the SSH proxy and the private.ip.address as X2Go Host. Enable SSH Agent
authentication for both target machines (SSH Proxy, X2Go Host).

http://das-netzwerkteam.de