Mihai Moldovan | 28 Jul 05:41 2013
Picon

Re: 'Connection failed sh: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected'

* On 27.07.2013 09:32 PM, Tom Harris wrote:
> I had seen some problems similar to this in the past when the user account
> used a shell other than bash.   In the Ubuntu I was using, the default shell
> was /bin/sh, which failed.   I also saw tickets regarding issues with tcsh.

If this is true, x2go's behavior is completely wrong. It shouldn't rely on
something like "default" shell but only use scripts with a correct hashbang to
be sure they get executed whatever the system *expects*, (x)or be using POSIX
features only and thus ensure execution in any POSIX compatible shell (is there
any non-POSIX compatible shell?)

Attachment (smime.p7s): application/pkcs7-signature, 6091 bytes
* On 27.07.2013 09:32 PM, Tom Harris wrote:
> I had seen some problems similar to this in the past when the user account
> used a shell other than bash.   In the Ubuntu I was using, the default shell
> was /bin/sh, which failed.   I also saw tickets regarding issues with tcsh.

If this is true, x2go's behavior is completely wrong. It shouldn't rely on
something like "default" shell but only use scripts with a correct hashbang to
be sure they get executed whatever the system *expects*, (x)or be using POSIX
features only and thus ensure execution in any POSIX compatible shell (is there
any non-POSIX compatible shell?)

Gmane