From: Mihai Moldovan <ionic-vwLUhvSDKx8 <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: 'Connection failed sh: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected'
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.user
Date: Sunday 28th July 2013 03:41:12 UTC (over 3 years ago)
* On 27.07.2013 09:32 PM, Tom Harris wrote:
> I had seen some problems similar to this in the past when the user
account
> used a shell other than bash.   In the Ubuntu I was using, the default
shell
> was /bin/sh, which failed.   I also saw tickets regarding issues with
tcsh.

If this is true, x2go's behavior is completely wrong. It shouldn't rely on
something like "default" shell but only use scripts with a correct hashbang
be sure they get executed whatever the system *expects*, (x)or be using
POSIX
features only and thus ensure execution in any POSIX compatible shell (is
there
any non-POSIX compatible shell?)

CD: 4ms