From: philip van houtte <philip-WEAKRGv4s36nUG1Q+nI3Dw <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: can't get pulseaudio working on 64bits windows7
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.user
Date: Thursday 29th August 2013 10:43:42 UTC (over 3 years ago)
I could get it working. It was not about 64bits vs 32bits PC's. The issue
was that the pulseaudio doesn't start when there is no audio input device
present. This happened to be the case on all the 64bits PC's I tried

By installing a dummy audio input sound is also rendered on the 64bits
PC's:

Control panel>sounds>recording tab; right click and tick "hidden devices".
Then enable Stereo Mix as default device