From: Nicu Stiurca <supernic2002-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Started getting weird error: Connection failed. Cannot open display "default display"
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.user
Date: Tuesday 26th November 2013 16:57:30 UTC (over 2 years ago)
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post a problem like this. If
it's not, kindly redirect me to the right place.

The problem:
I was working last night using x2go to remote into a server. I got
disconnected, and upon trying to reconnect, I started encountering the
following error:

*Connection failed* Cannot open display "default display"

That shows up in a pop-up window whenever I try to connect to the server.
In the console, I see the following text right before the error window pops
up:

start new ssh connection to server: "" : "" krb:  false

ssh connection ok

continue normal x2go session

Some additional info:
I can still do normal X forwarding on the server with ssh -X.
Server is running OpenSUSE 12.3.
Clients are running Ubuntu 13.04, 13.0, and OpenSUSE 12.3. I get the exact
same error from all 3 client computers I've tried.

Any ideas?

-- Nicu Știurcă
\\//./ Live long and prosper.

CD: 2ms