From: Michael DePaulo <mikedep333-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Start up constrained to local screen size (above task bar) possible?
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.user
Date: Saturday 1st February 2014 00:02:24 UTC (over 2 years ago)
Hi les,

On MS Windows at least, I've observed multiple bugs with resizing,
Enabling XInerama seemed to help on 4.0.0.3.

But to accomplish your task, the following should work on X2Go Client
4.0.1.3, and probably on older versions too:

1. Set the session preferences:
Settings -> Display -> Custom -> 800x600 (or any other value smaller
than your laptop screen)

2. Connect to the existing session and wait upto 10 seconds.

3. The X2Go session should resize to 800x600. This resizing includes
the GNOME/XFCE/etc menu bars.

4. Maximize the window.

5. The X2Go session should resize to the window's new size, which is
everything but the taskbar. This resizing includes the GNOME/XFCE/etc
menu bars.

Let me know if you are having issues resuming sessions altogether. I
think I need to write a bug report about them.

-Mike#2