From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=F6ri_Cedric?= <Cedric.Moeri-mOn2/ZekM9A <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Questions on possible setups and use cases
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.terminal-server.x2go.user
Date: Tuesday 9th October 2012 17:01:05 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hi list

I'm a newbie on x2go. I tried to find some answers in the wiki and the docs
but I have still some questions:
First of all, I found the mail archive; is there also a searchable archive
like nabble or so?

I was able to setup the x2go-server and also to connect with a single
windows xp-laptop, so this went fine.

Basically, I try to determine if x2go suits our needs and what setup would
be needed for it:
We have an application server (Ubuntu 10.04) and we need to bring some of
the applications on this server in a windows 2008 terminal server
environment. So my questions are:
Will the client work on window terminal without conflicts between the
different users? Is it possible to have sessions to different applications
for the same user?

We have about 100 potential users, about 10-20 concurrently working with
about 100-200 sessions a day. Is it possible to estimate on the resources
that are needed on the server?

Any hints on my questions or a pointer to some docs or use cases would be
great!
Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards
Cédric