Mike Gabriel | 10 Nov 13:19 2012
Picon

Re: Open GL dependencies

Hi Paul,

On Sa 10 Nov 2012 08:12:36 CET Paul Daniels wrote:

> I've got a kivy project that would work well with x2go.  Running the
> program in a normal window works with open GL being reported as OpenGL
> version <2.1 Mesa 8.0.4>
>
> but when running on linux via x2go it reports as <1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.4.1)>
> before segfaulting.  Kivy apparently needs a newer open GL version.
>
> Can anyone give me, ANY, hints as to where I should go looking.
> Thanks,

X2Go ships x2goagent (nx-libs.git on http://git.x2go.org).

And once you look at the code of nx-libs you will realize that
nx-libs.git is a complete Xorg fork (at the time of Xorg 6.9).

Bringing a newer OpenGL to X2Go means patching it into nx-libs.git.

This can be some sort of a major task...

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148