nigra truo | 3 Dec 23:09 2012
Picon

Repost of issue: Connection failed xhost: unable to open display on Windows 7

Hi,

I wanted to repost my issue from before, as I don't know if it arrived in the mailing list or not. I'm curious where I can start to troubleshoot this. Why is the vcxsrv server not reachable? I am now stuck at this ancient release (3.01), which works more or less, but has problems (and still uses xming, which tends to crash from time to time). I would really like to use the new verison of X2go for Windows, but so far I am stuck at receiving this error:

Connection failed xhost: unable to open display

I know about this problem on a Linux host, but never had this error on a Windows system.

Any help or pointers are appreciated.

Here is my original post that probably got lost:
-----
I have this problem with all newer versions of x2go on Windows 7. I have
been trying to use a newer version than 3.01-4, but every time I do, I
sooner or later get this error. Then I revert back to the old version and
then it works flawlessly. Then, after some time, I wish to give a newer
version a try and end up with the same problem, unable to use x2goclient.
The strange thing is that I now used 3.99.3.0 for a week or so, without
problems, but now I am stuck again, it just popped up out of nowhere. How
can I fix this?
It seems the vcxsrv is might not be started, but when starting it manually,
it does not make a difference at all.

Thanks,

Markus
sooner or later get this error. Then I revert back to the old version and<br>

Gmane