From: Robert Goldman <rpgoldman <at> sift.info>
Subject: Re: My thoughts about markup and docstrings
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.editors.hints.devel
Date: Sunday 28th December 2008 16:52:04 UTC (over 7 years ago)
I am very impressed by this design.  Is there a simple version of these
docstrings that is visible through the existing documentation interface?
 E.g., does parse-docstrings strip markup and then (SETF DOCUMENTATION)?

FWIW, it also seems like use of this macro (and possibly shadowing some
definer forms) would allow people to put their documentation at the
BOTTOM of the defining form, if they like, thus avoiding Tobias' problem
of separating header from function body, while avoiding the one I cited
of having the documentation bitrot because it's distant from the code it
should document...

Best,