From: Lieven Marchand <mal <at> wyrd.be>
Subject: Re: LispWorks IDE history & precursors (semi-off-topic)
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.lispworks.general
Date: Thursday 16th February 2012 19:02:33 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Tim Bradshaw  writes:

> Is there any recorded history of the LW IDE, and influences on it?  I can
remember seeing a Harlequin Lisp environment in (I think) 1989, but I don't
remember if that was anything like the current environment and in fact I
don't know if it was a direct ancestor of LW.

> Slightly related: I once thought that the editor had common heritage with
Hemlock (whose heritage I don't actually know other than that it came with
CMUCL, so perhaps from Spice Lisp): is that actually true or is it a
completely independent thing.

> This is just personal curiosity.

As long as where walking down memory lane: what became of the MLWorks
environment Harlequin once distributed in beta test? It was a remarkably
nice way to work with a *ML type language.

CD: 20ms