From: Edi Weitz <edi <at> weitz.de>
Subject: Abbreviated completion in LW7
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.lispworks.general
Date: Saturday 13th June 2015 08:08:06 UTC (over 2 years ago)
Hi everybody,

in LW6, if I type

  (do

in a listener window and then press Alt-I, I get a list of symbols
starting with "DO" to choose from, "DOLIST", "DOTIMES", etc.  If I
instead type

  (d-o

and press Alt-I I, I get "DESCRIBE-OBJECT" immediately.

In LW7, if I type

  (do

and press Alt-I, the symbol is immediately completed to "DESCRIBE-OBJECT".

I couldn't find a mention of this change in the release notes and I
have to say I don't like the new behavior.  Is there a way to switch
back to the old behavior?  (From a quick glance at the editor sources
my guess would be that this could be due to the change from
LW::ABBREVIATED-FIND-SYMBOLS to
COMMON-UTILITIES::ABBREVIATED-FIND-SYMBOLS and the old function is no
longer there...)

Thanks,
Edi.