Akshay Srinivasan | 11 Mar 19:11 2012
Picon

Re: BLAS (was Matlisp tests)

On 03/11/2012 12:37 PM, Raymond Toy wrote:
> On 3/10/12 7:03 PM, Akshay Srinivasan wrote:

>>> That's my understanding.  And when I look at the disassembly
>>> for a simple Fortran function, it returns the real and
>>> imaginary parts in xmm0 and xmm1 (at least on OSX).
>> Hmm. Too clumsy and non-portable to support all that, no ?
> It would be good if cffi supported that, but I suspect not.

After some more thinking, I vote for adding wrapper subroutine around
zdotu/zdotc in F77. It'll be far too much boring work to migrate to
CBLAS, given that I seem to be able to handle ordering quite well
within lisp itself. There aren't any other complex returning functions
in BLAS, are there ?

We probably don't need any other f2c features, since most functions I
know only take character arguments instead of string ones.

Akshay

http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfnl/114/51521223/

Gmane