From: Brian Hayes <bhayes-yZxUqdZEZWbYtjvyW6yDsg <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: good word for digitool
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.mcl.general
Date: Thursday 22nd March 2007 18:42:23 UTC (over 10 years ago)
If Franz Kafka were a Lisp programmer, he would be an MCL user -- waiting
patiently by the outer gate of the castle, year after year, hoping for some
word from on high -- if not an announcement then maybe at least a rumor, a
hint, a sign. Now and then Kafka meets another faithful Digitool devotee;
they commiserate, and compare notes. Are they fools to stand around waiting
all this time? Are the Lords of Lisp up there in the turrets of the castle
looking down at them and laughing? Or is the castle actually abandoned,
vacant, falling to ruin? They fear the worst, but in the end they decide to
wait a while more. After all these months and years, why lose hope now? 5.2
will be great when it gets here.