30 Sep 2010 03:57
Juho Snellman <jsnell <at> iki.fi>
2010-09-30 01:57:11 GMT
2010-09-30 01:57:11 GMT
SBCL 1.0.43 has been released:
changes in sbcl-1.0.43 relative to sbcl-1.0.42
* incompatible change: FD-STREAMS no longer participate in the serve-event
event-loop by default. (lp#316072)
** In addition to streams created by explicit calls to MAKE-FD-STREAM this
affects streams from CL:OPEN.
** Streams from SOCKET-MAKE-STREAM still participate in serve-event by
default, but this is liable to change: applications needing serve-event
for socket streams should explicitly request it using :SERVE-EVENTS T
in the call.
* enhancement: SB-EXT:WORD type is provided for use with SB-EXT:ATOMIC-INCF
* enhancement: CLOS effective method functions and defclass slot typechecking
function now have debug names for use in backtraces and profiles.
* enhancement: ASDF has been updated to version 2.004. (lp#605260, thanks to
* enhancement: symbols are printed using fully qualified names in several
error and warning messages which are often associated with package
conflicts or mixups (lp#622789, thanks to Attila Lendvai)
* bug fix: SB-BSD-SOCKETS:SOCKET-CONNECT was not thread safe. (lp#505497,
thanks to Andrew Golding)
* bug fix: reading /proc files on Linux works. (lp#425199)
* bug fix: DOTIMES accepted literal non-integer reals. (lp#619393, thanks to
* bug fix: WRITE-TO-STRING compiler macro binding special variable names,
breaking code that tried to write the value of a printer control variable.
(lp#581564, thanks to Stas Boukarev)
* bug fix: WRITE compiler macro did not handle output stream designators
correctly. (lp#598374, thanks to Stas Boukarev)
* bug fix: better availability of names of foreign functions in backtraces
on Linux. (lp#626962, thanks to Stas Boukarev)
* bug fix: scripting and build for Solaris and FreeBSD. (lp#615497,
lp#627581, thanks to Josh Elsasser and Jim Wise)
* bug fix: build fixes for OpenBSD -current and 4.8 (lp#615489, lp#615492,
thanks to Josh Elsasser)
* bug fix: using aliases for builtin classes as defmethod specializers
without adding DEFTYPEs for them works. (lp#618387)
* bug fix: timetravel by getrusage() no longer causes type-errors during GC.
* bug fix: legally dynamic-extent lists and vectors used as
initialization arguments to MAKE-ARRAY can be stack allocated. (lp#586105)
* bug fix: inline-expansion creating references to dead lambda-variables
(lp#454681, thanks to Alexey Dejneka)
* bug fix: better error message for bogus numerical arguments to RANDOM.
(lp#598986, thanks to Stas Boukarev)
* bug fix: the compiler occasionally inlined references from incompatible
environments occurs. (lp#308951)
* bug fix: the compiler threw an error when trying to compile a local
function (labels or flet) known to take a specialized complex argument.
(not in launchpad, reported by sykopomp in #lispgames)
* bug fix: package-locks failed to protect against compile-time effects of
DEFUN when the symbol previously had a macro definition. (lp#576637)
* bug fix: spurious ignore warnings even given (DECLARE IGNORE) in methods
when parameter bindings mutated. (reported by Faré Rideau; lp #611361)
* bug fix: workaround for compiler hang in ORDER-UVL-SETS (lp#308914)
* bug fix: evaluation in debugger REPL works using the global context when
in frames that do not have sufficient debug information.
* bug fix: exceeding FD_SETSIZE limit now results in an sensible error
* bug fix: (SETF DOCUMENTATION) of a macro works properly. (lp#643958, thanks
to Stas Boukarev)
* bug fix: interrupt taking longer than the requested period caused SLEEP
to hang on Darwin. (lp#640516, thanks to Joe Lebroco for the analysis)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Start uncovering the many advantages of virtual appliances and start using them to simplify application deployment and accelerate your shift to cloud computing. http://p.sf.net/sfu/novell-sfdev2dev
_______________________________________________ Sbcl-announce mailing list Sbcl-announce <at> lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sbcl-announce