From: Christophe Rhodes <csr21 <at> cantab.net>
Subject: sbcl-1.1.0 released
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.steel-bank.announce
Date: Tuesday 2nd October 2012 11:15:21 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hi,

I've just released sbcl-1.1.0; the release notes are below.  Don't get
too excited about the new version number; its main conceptual
significance is it's a new version number to indicate the new version
numbering system, which starts with "1.1" -- in other words, this is a
"monthly" release just like any other.

On the other hand, this is a .0 release in the sense that it's my first
for a while, and it's possible that something unnoticed has gone wrong.
Please let me know if there's something wrong with the release that
needs correcting.

Best wishes,

Christophe

changes in sbcl-1.1.0 relative to sbcl-1.0.58:
  * enhancement: New variable, sb-ext:*disassemble-annotate* for
controlling
    source annotation of DISASSEMBLE output. Defaults to T.
  * enhancement: TIMEOUT arguments added to WITH-MUTEX and
WITH-RECURSIVE-LOCK, and
    WAIT-P argument added to WITH-RECURSIVE-LOCK.
  * enhancement: SB-EXT:ATOMIC-PUSH and SB-EXT:ATOMIC-POP allow atomic
operations
    on list heads.
  * enhancement: Optional features (not enabled by default) allow the
    use of signals for inter-thread synchronization to be reduced on
certain
    supported platforms (currently Linux, Solaris, and FreeBSD on x86 and
    x86-64).  Set (and :sb-thread :sb-safepoint :sb-thruption :sb-wtimer)
    to test these experimental features.  Known remaining bugs include
minor
    thread safety issues, less timely freeing of memory by GC, and certain
    (not yet optimally low) runtime overhead.  Thanks to Anton Kovalenko.
  * optimization: CL:SORT and CL:STABLE-SORT of lists are faster and use
fewer
    comparisons, particularly on almost-sorted inputs.
  * bug fix: Reading floats with large exponents no longer takes too much
time
    before reporting that the exponent is too large.
  * bug fix: SB-BSD-SOCKETS:SOCKET-RECEIVE with a UDP socket now works
    correctly when the received datagram is larger than the provided
buffer.
    (lp#1023438, thanks to Robert Uhl)
  * bug fix: SB-EXT:GET-CAS-EXPANSION returned a bogus read-form when given
    a SYMBOL-VALUE form with a constant symbol argument.
  * bug fix: SB-EXT:GET-CAS-EXPANSION signaled an error when a macro
expanding
    into a DEFCAS defined place was used as the place.
  * bug fix: FIND and POSITION signaled a type-error when non-bits where
looked
    for from bit-vectors.
  * bug fix: a race condition around thread creation could (in SBCL 1.0.57)
    lead to internal errors or crashes (lp#1058799).
  * documentation: a section on random number generation has been added to
the
    manual. (lp#656839)

http://p.sf.net/sfu/newrelic-dev2dev

CD: 3ms