From: John Snow <snowjn <at> aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Imap-protocol] As The Stomach Turns: AOL creates new system flags
Newsgroups: gmane.mail.imap.general
Date: Friday 24th November 2006 23:30:04 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Hello All,

I am the current developer of AOL's IMAP server.  There have been 2
recent issues on this list regarding my server.

1.  The invalid response to the Authenticate Plain command.  This has
been corrected, and has been confirmed by Mark that it now works
correctly with Pine. I never use Pine, so I never noticed.  Mozilla
Thunderbird did not have a problem with it.

2.  The \Voicemail flag.  This never existed.  There was a documentation
error that described this flag incorrectly.  The correct flag for
voicemail is and always has been XAOL-VOICEMAIL.

If there are other issues with AOL's IMAP implementation, feel free to
let me know either directly or through this list.

thanks,

john snow.