From: Mark Crispin <mrc <at> cac.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Re: MBX file format specification
Newsgroups: gmane.mail.imap.uw.c-client
Date: Thursday 11th May 2006 20:46:40 UTC (over 11 years ago)
On Thu, 11 May 2006, David B Funk wrote:
> imap-2006 is still a DEV release. Any timetable for the stable
> release? (or how stable is the DEV release)?

There's no release timetable (yet), and it's not stable.

It's made available for experts to experiment; it should not be run in
production.  The big things are UIDPLUS, greatly expanded Unicode support,
and mix.  There's also some new code to greatly reduce the memory
footprint when reading large messages in mbx format.  The RELNOTES have
more detail.

Bottom line: imap-2006 will be a major update.  It is still a work in
progress.

There's a major update to Pine in progress as well.  The two will be
released together, as has been our practice for the past several years.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc