From: Mark Crispin <mrc <at> cac.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Co-existing with Outlook ...
Newsgroups: gmane.mail.imap.uw.c-client
Date: Thursday 22nd September 2005 04:20:55 UTC (over 11 years ago)
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Roy Giles wrote:
> The sticking point for me now is that the JES is based around a mail
> server albeit one conforming to "standards" such as they are; this led me
> to believe I could point the Outlook Connector at our UW imap server and
> the mail service would continue as before but I have since discovered
> that it requires the UIDPLUS capability which the Sun Messaging Server
> has but I believe is not implemented in UW imap :-

If JES requires UIDPLUS, then it is is broken and NON-COMPLIANT with the
specification.  The specification for UIDPLUS explicitly states that it is
an option in an IMAP server, and furthermore states the mandatory
procedures that clients must undertake if the server does not have
UIDPLUS.

With that said, UW IMAP Toolkit version 2005 will have UIDPLUS support in
imapd.  I am still doing regression testing on this version, and
additional performance work still needs to be done before any formal
release.  However, I expect to start making development snapshots
available after the Pine 4.64 release (which will use the version 2004g
maintenence release of the IMAP toolkit).

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc