zuess007 | 26 Jan 22:30 2007
Picon

Re: spam being sent through list-digest-outgoing

I am assuming I should make this entry in my .procmailrc? And where should
I put the .procmailrc entry? In my root dir? or my majordomo dir? I hate
to sound stupid but I have never had this problem before. Could I ask what
your procmail entry looked like? I really appreciate this and your help. I
am also gonna print out 3.6 of the faq. Thanks again

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Tom Neff wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:39:48 -0800 (PST), zuess007 <at> zoso.net said:
>> I will call my mailing list "list" in hopes to finding a solution to my
>> problem. What is happening is spammers have found a way to send spam
>> directly to the digesters by using "list-digest-outgoing" This spam does
>> not generate with the digest nor does it archive. But it finds its way to
>> all the people in digest mode. I do have root access to this machine as
>> well as the mail aliases, but I am clueless on how to stop this without
>> stopping the digest. Any and all help would be so much appreciated. I am
>> also willing to send a copy of my majordomo aliases if this would help.
>
> This is mentioned in section 3.6 of the Majordomo FAQ at
> http://www.greatcircle.com/majordomo/majordomo-faq.html .
>
> If you are not "tech-y" you will need to have an admin type help you.
>
> My favorite technique (not mentioned in the FAQ) was to use Procmail (
> http://www.procmail.org/ ) to handle the -outgoing alias, and in the
> Procmail config for the alias, put in a filter so that only messages
> coming from the local Majordomo processor are passed through.  I have
> long since switched to Mailman but this technique should still work.

Gmane