Mark Sapiro | 7 Jan 18:56 2012

Re: List Migration Issue

Anthony Harrison wrote:

>I am trying to migrate mailing lists from Mailman 2.1.11 running on Ubuntu
>8.04.3 LTS to Mailman 2.1.12 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2
>(Santiago). I'm not sure how mailman was installed/built on the Ubuntu box
>but on the Redhat box, it was installed using yum.
>I have followed the guides on list migration and rsync'ed the lists, data,
>and archives directory from the Ubuntu box to the Redhat box, updated the
>permissions, and regenerated the aliases. However, when I go to update the
>urls for mailing lists via fix_url, none of the allegedly migrated lists
>can be found.

Most likely because you have rsync'd the lists/ directory to the same
path on the RedHat box as on the Ubuntu box and that's not where the
RedHat Mailman is looking for it.

See the FAQ at <>.

Mark Sapiro <mark <at>>        The highway is for gamblers,

Mailman-Users mailing list Mailman-Users <at>
Mailman FAQ:
Security Policy:
Searchable Archives: