From: Mark Sapiro <mark <at> msapiro.net>
Subject: Re: Owner, moderator and sender doesn't receive notification
Newsgroups: gmane.mail.mailman.user
Date: Friday 11th May 2012 06:14:29 UTC (over 4 years ago)

Please see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/OIDD>.

>Both servers have the same problem, the owner and/or the moderator of the
>list don't receive notification of pending request. Also the sender does
>not receive
>a notification saying his email was hold. Each server hosts about 330
lists.
>It is not an individual configuration but it's on all of them.
>
>     As administrator, I verified the option admin_immed_notify was at
>yes. To be
>sure I have everything set correctly, I created my own mailing list with
>my email, etc.
>and it is not working. I can't see anything in the postfix log or
>mailman logs.
>
>     The only clue I have is when I start mailman I have this:
>
># /etc/init.d/mailman start
>close failed in file object destructor:
>Error in sys.excepthook:
>
>Original exception was:
>  * Starting Mailman master qrunner mailmanctl
>#
>
>     Any help would be very appreciated!
>     Regards!

Have you tried Ubuntu or Debian support resources for this issue?

I have no idea what's going on.

It might help if you ran "bin/mailmanctl start" directly to start
Mailman and reported the full traceback from any exceptions.

One guess is that possibly due to this error whatever it is, not all
the qrunners get started. In particular, if VirginRunner isn't
running, all Mailman generated notices will remain queued in
qfiles/virgin and will not be sent.

Check Mailman's qrunner log and see sec. 6.b. and 8. of the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9>.

--
Mark Sapiro         The highway is for gamblers,