From: Christian Keil <christian.keil-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Aliasing Question & PDF Reports
Newsgroups: gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner.baruwa.user
Date: Tuesday 4th January 2011 08:48:14 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hello Andrew,

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Andrew Colin Kissa
wrote:

> I think this is due to the way mailscanner works with postfix, as postfix
> puts the messages in the hold
> queue then mailscanner scans them and moves them to the delivery queue
> where the rewriting of
> the address takes place.
>
> The trick to get the address rewritten before mailscanner handles the
> message could be to use the
> same logic as the splitting of recipients.
>

> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:how_to:split_mails_per_recipient
>
> YMMV as i do not use postfix so this is just a suggestion that you could
> test/

I am aware of that "trick" however I will loose one big thing that I really
wanted my Users to see, if using split MTA's the "Mailscanner-MTA" will not
be able to run RBL Checks, so my guess is that I cannot see "Listed in RBL"
in the Quarantine or is there any option to let Spamassassin/Mailscanner do
the trick so users see all Rejected Mails ?

I'm also Wondering if I can disable LOW Spam Score for Baruwa and simply
use
SPAM/HAM , I dont want to confuse my Users.

I basically just want to reject mails for non existing domains/mailboxes
and
put everything else into the Quarantine, its abit overhead but I have too
many ppl asking for mail log checks due to rbls or policys.

Kind Regards
Christian Keil

CD: 3ms