Leon Julius | 4 Dec 22:17 2007
Picon

Re: Silence Editions

Hi there,

I worked for four years on the Cage archives in the Special Collections and Archives dept. at Wesleyan's Olin Library--there's a ton of material there, including the original manuscripts and proofs of the Silence. I'd definitely say it's worth the trip to Connecticut, if you can afford it!  http://www.wesleyan.edu/libr/schome/.

For other Silence listers, too, you should know that this is a truly weird and astonishing collection, containing an crazy assortment of fan mail, news clippings, gallery invitations, tributes, and correspondence that Cage donated to Wesleyan upon his death.  And, it's now more or less researcher friendly.  The online Finding Aid is located here: http://www.wesleyan.edu/libr/schome/FAs/ca1000-72.html

Enjoy!