From: Leon Julius <leon.julius <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Silence Editions
Newsgroups: gmane.music.john-cage
Date: Tuesday 4th December 2007 21:17:51 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hi there,

I worked for four years on the Cage archives in the Special Collections and
Archives dept. at Wesleyan's Olin Library--there's a ton of material there,
including the original manuscripts and proofs of the Silence. I'd
definitely
say it's worth the trip to Connecticut, if you can afford it!
http://www.wesleyan.edu/libr/schome/.

For other Silence listers, too, you should know that this is a truly weird
and astonishing collection, containing an crazy assortment of fan mail,
news
clippings, gallery invitations, tributes, and correspondence that Cage
donated to Wesleyan upon his death.  And, it's now more or less researcher
friendly.  The online Finding Aid is located here:
http://www.wesleyan.edu/libr/schome/FAs/ca1000-72.html

Enjoy!