Elie Delorme | 17 Feb 19:09 2010
Picon

Re: Problems with check_ntp_time v1.4.14 NTP CRITICAL: Offset unknown|

Hi Mike,

here is another sample output I got for a server that seems to be perfectly sync'ed according to ntpq, the check_ntp_peer plugin now doesn't even report an offset in the debug logs.

[root <at> rapture ~]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ntp_peer -v -H xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
0 candiate peers available
warning: no synchronization source found
warning: LI_ALARM bit is set
NTP CRITICAL: Server not synchronized, Offset unknown|
[root <at> rapture ~]# ntpq xxx.xxx.xxx
ntpq> peers
     remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
 *xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx     2 u   12   64   37    1.303   42.206  28.959
ntpq> q

Elie