From: Doug Warner <doug <at> warner.fm>
Subject: Re: S50n w/ 10ge Input CRCs/Discards
Newsgroups: gmane.network.nsp.force10
Date: Monday 23rd May 2011 19:26:27 UTC (over 5 years ago)
On 04/28/2011 11:12 AM, Doug Warner wrote:
> We're trying to deploy 10ge upstream to our S50n stack (read, all the
port 0
> modules are stacking modules).  We're seeing a decent amount of Input
> CRCs/Discards and can't get the link to go > ~120Mbps.  We've replaced
> *everything* in this link (other than the upstream RSP) -- fiber, 10ge
module,
> XFPs and are still seeing this problem.  Flow control is off on both
ends; CPU
> seems fairly low (<12%).
>
> Any ideas on what might be going on here?  Anyone else having problems w/
10GE
> on S50?
>
> -Doug

We were finally able to get enough parts in to test between our S50n and an
S25n and were able to run the line clean.

After that we pushed things back to our upstream who finally tried us on a
different Supervisor card and we were able to run clean to them.  It looks
like they had a bad 10GE port on their original Supervisor card.

-Doug

CD: 3ms