Ben West | 3 Mar 08:57 2012

Re: Recommendation for maintaining accurate local times on nodes?

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the response.  I do have the full ntpdate client installed on these nodes. The problem seems to be that ntpdate only (by default) syncs on power-up, so any nodes that don't quickly get a default route set by OLSRd have ntpdate time out.

A simple solution seems like it would be to run ntpdate periodically, though I'm not sure if running as often as hourly may interfere with the timestamps on the HNAs (e.g. introduce excessive jitter).  The onboard clocks on the UBNT radios are not that precise; I've seen a 1 minute or so drift develop over a day.