From: Luca Dionisi <luca.dionisi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Get Started
Newsgroups: gmane.network.peer-to-peer.netsukuku
Date: Friday 1st October 2010 08:46:26 UTC (over 7 years ago)
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Pete
 wrote:
> i wanna test on real hardware ..using inux   4 pcs right now

Ok. Let's start.
I'll give you directions to get from svn repository a particular
revision of the project. Then, we will work around any problem that
will show up and I will prepare for you patches that you will apply to
the current version you have got. That is, after the first checkout
from subversion you will never use svn again so that we have a sort of
branch reflecting your situation.
All of your PCs must have the same version of the code.

First, we must install dependencies. Which distro do you use?
I will now give instructions as if you have a debian-derived (such as
ubuntu).

Install these dependencies from repositories of your distro:
  $ sudo apt-get install subversion build-essential swig openssl
libssl-dev xsltproc tinc

Then install stackless python:
  $ wget http://www.stackless.com/binaries/stackless-262-export.tar.bz2
  $ tar xf stackless-262-export.tar.bz2
  $ cd stackless-2.6.2
  $ mkdir -p /opt/stackless
  $ ./configure --prefix=/opt/stackless
  $ make
  $ sudo make altinstall

Then install M2Crypto
  $ wget http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/M/M2Crypto/M2Crypto-0.20.1.tar.gz
  $ tar xf M2Crypto-0.20.1.tar.gz
  $ cd M2Crypto-0.20.1/
  $ /opt/stackless/bin/python2.6 setup.py build
  $ sudo /opt/stackless/bin/python2.6 setup.py install

Then install dnspython.
  $ wget http://www.dnspython.org/kits/1.7.1/dnspython-1.7.1.tar.gz
  $ tar xf dnspython-1.7.1.tar.gz
  $ cd dnspython-1.7.1
  $ /opt/stackless/bin/python2.6 setup.py build
  $ sudo /opt/stackless/bin/python2.6 setup.py install

Now get the netsukuku code. Use this command:
  $ cd
  $ svn co -r 2259
http://dev.hinezumi.org/svnroot/netsukuku/sandbox/lukisi/branches/multipleip
netsukuku

From the source tree of netsukuku, install andns and ntkresolve.
  $ cd ~/netsukuku/ANDNS/andns/
  $ make
  $ sudo make install
  $ cd ~/netsukuku/ANDNS/pyandns/
  $ /opt/stackless/bin/python2.6 setup.py build
  $ sudo /opt/stackless/bin/python2.6 setup.py install
  $ cd ~/netsukuku/ntkresolv/
  $ make
  $ sudo make install

Now a little configuration for netsukuku
  $ mkdir /etc/netsukuku
  $ ln -s $HOME/netsukuku/pyntk/setup/etc/netsukuku/tinc /etc/netsukuku

Ok, we have finished the one-time operations.

Now, each time you want to test/use the netsukuku you have to do the
following:
 1. remove any program that manages the network.
     e.g. in ubuntu:
       $ sudo stop network-manager
       $ sudo killall dhclient
 2. start ntkd:
       $ cd ~/netsukuku/pyntk
       $ /opt/stackless/bin/python2.6 ntkd -i eth0 eth1 -vvvv
     where you see 'eth0 eth1' replace with all the nics you want to
have managed by netsukuku.
     In particular, if you want to use wireless cards you have first
to establish a link.
     e.g.
       $ sudo ip link set wlan0 down
       $ sudo iwconfig wlan0 mode ad-hoc essid netsukuku6 channel 6
       $ sudo ip link set wlan0 up

That's all. Let me know whichever step you reach or whatever problem.
--Luca