cuneytm | 7 Sep 08:47 2008
Picon

Re: [Openthinclient-user] Lame Openchrome driver

hi again Martin,

I am using 1280x1024 on thinclients so I guess the built-in mpeg decoder
won't be a big help with VLC and Flash plug-ins (there is hardware
accelaration option under setting of flash player, which i assume relies on
that too?)...

>> On a related topic, is there any way to disable the animations of the
>> thinclient desktops? you know the minimize, maximize,
>> show-contents-while-dragging disabling.
>>
>open a xterm (<CTRL><ALT><SHIFT><x>) and use gconf-editor to set
>/apps/metacity/general/reduced_resources.

That works, thank you. How can we achieve this as the "default" while
deploying mass thinclients, as logging on to each user and configuring
manually would not be practical?

I am looking for ways to gain more CPU and memory on the thinclient as I
can, and this seems to be first thing that comes to mind.

It would be great if this can be set to default for the thinclients without
configuring each and every one of them individually.

On a separate note, how can we change the "Welcome to openthinclient"
message in the login screen as well as the logo next to the date/time at the
bottom-right corner?
I would like to be able to mimic our Intranet login screen that users
accustomed to.
Is it also possible to change the splash-screen image upon logging-in (where
i can replace with an image that tells user Intranet is launching.. for
instance) ?

Being able change the splash will also be useful for kiosk applications; we
have few screens that are public-facing with firefox loading webpages, which
are rebooted daily.

Related on this note, i read on the package description of SSO that it keeps
the username:password pair in environment variable which can be passed to
launching applications.
What are the chances of passing this username:password pair to a URL, say
https://intranet/login.aspx?uname=$USER&pass=$PASSWORD

That would be great to auto-login users to the company Intranet within the
LAN. As dirty as it can be, it would be very practical to do so in closed
circuit LAN environment.

All the best!