From: cuneytm <cuneyt-uzqMJsPfyU8PGFelY5Zqew <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: [Openthinclient-user] HELP! How to move /tmp from ramdisk to NFS
Newsgroups: gmane.network.thin-clients.openthinclient.user
Date: Monday 6th October 2008 19:59:08 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Dear All, I need Help. Will settle with quick n dirty solution =)

I am testing a couple of thinclient in native mode; i.e. running Firefox
for
Intranet browsing, document upload/download and OpenOffice for document
viewing, creation.

In firefox, when you click on a document hyperlink and say "Open.." it will
start downloading file to /tmp

As my understanding the /tmp mount is on ramdisk (some article say /tmp
default size set to half size of available RAM) and obviously it fills up
and crashes OpenOffice after a few hours of casual document viewing
(opening).

If the user click Save on document hyperlink, firefox saves it to the
target
folder (which is inside his home folder; nfs mount) without /tmp being
involved.

In either case, the /tmp mount ramdisk doesn't look feasible for using OTC
in web-appliance mode (firefox+openoffice).

I tried to read a couple of the scripts under initrd.img (scripts and conf)
but no clear idea on how to go about it.

Anyone can help me out?
Thanks in advance!