cuneytm | 6 Oct 21:59 2008

[Openthinclient-user] HELP! How to move /tmp from ramdisk to NFS

Dear All, I need Help. Will settle with quick n dirty solution =)

I am testing a couple of thinclient in native mode; i.e. running Firefox for
Intranet browsing, document upload/download and OpenOffice for document
viewing, creation.

In firefox, when you click on a document hyperlink and say "Open.." it will
start downloading file to /tmp

As my understanding the /tmp mount is on ramdisk (some article say /tmp
default size set to half size of available RAM) and obviously it fills up
and crashes OpenOffice after a few hours of casual document viewing

If the user click Save on document hyperlink, firefox saves it to the target
folder (which is inside his home folder; nfs mount) without /tmp being

In either case, the /tmp mount ramdisk doesn't look feasible for using OTC
in web-appliance mode (firefox+openoffice).

I tried to read a couple of the scripts under initrd.img (scripts and conf)
but no clear idea on how to go about it.

Anyone can help me out?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from the users' mailing list mailing list archive at