From: Colin Johnsun <colin.adug <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Backport of ZMQ_RCVTIMEO/ZMQ_SNDTIMEO to 2.1.x
Newsgroups: gmane.network.zeromq.devel
Date: Wednesday 4th April 2012 04:06:41 UTC (over 4 years ago)
I agree with all previous posters, +1 on 2.2. Semver is easy to
understand. You could refactor the code as much as you want but if it
doesn't change the ABI then it is should only be 2.x.x release.

On 4 April 2012 08:21, Joshua Foster <[email protected]> wrote:
> +1 on 2.2. keep the concept that 2.x is a "feature bump" and 2.x.x is a
patch. It doesn't have to correlate to the size of the release.
> -1 to no improvements to 2.x. I don't think it should be a policy. If
people want to "maintain" older releases, thats up to them. I would hope
that as things improve on 3.1, people would stop maintaining older
releases.