From: Andreas Buchinger <andreas.buchinger <at> gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Skype?
Newsgroups: gmane.org.netlabs.odin.user
Date: Wednesday 3rd September 2008 18:26:09 UTC (over 8 years ago)
 > Massimo,
 >
 > I understand your point but, the OP said:
 >
 >     Any chance to get an application like skype to run with odin? What's
 >     the status of audio support in odin? Does it work with uniaud?
 >

 > Note the word "LIKE" between "application" and "skype".  This means the
 > OP was using Skype as an example.  I'll admit that he was probably
 > hoping that someone would say that Skype was usable, but the use of the
 > word "like" suggests he is open to other apps.
 >
 > And personally, suggesting a good alternative application is always a
 > valid answer.  I know that I have picked up a few good apps for exactly
 > that reason.
 >
 > David

At the time I asked here, I wanted to hear that someone had managed to run
skype
successfully on eCS and maybe share some tricks to get it to work.

I doubt if running skype is possible with odin and that's why I asked the
second
question - are there other possibilities similar to skype with eCS. English
is
not my nativ language, but David you got the point and understand my
intention
correctly.

Third question was even more general - what's the status of audio support
in odin.

Unfortunatly I don't get much answers on this questions. I've no problem
with
slightly off topic answers. I know, my wording isn't always precise too.
But
maybe someone can give some hints at least for question 3 - audio support
in
odin. Is there no audio support? Works flawless? Support with some drivers?

Uniaud? Hangs like with crystal drivers and VPC? Microphone?....

Regards,
Andi

PS: I found nothing on Jah.com what is related to my questions. Thomas
please a
better link.