From: randal k <rkohutek+dc-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: proximity/HID card system recommendations?
Newsgroups: gmane.org.operators.dc-ops
Date: Thursday 8th December 2011 23:46:54 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Datacenter Ops!

We're looking at integrating our multiple datacenters' door lock / badging
systems into a single system. We use HID proximity cards everywhere, so it
needs to work with those (and hopefully some generic readers?). We're after
something that is hierarchical, that has a centralized control point, that
then pushes configs to the controllers that manage each facility. Of course
it all needs to be IP enabled. We are very much interested in
do-it-yourself, as the "integration and installation" quotes from the
vendors we've seen tend to be astronomical.

Anybody have any experience on this that they'd like to share?

Thanks!
Randal

CD: 19ms