Ted Wood | 26 Oct 16:32 2011
Picon

Re: Xubuntu 11.10 unable to login via lightdm

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Raj Wurttemberg <rajaw-Pmm91ScXGPI@public.gmane.org> wrote:

Hey Ted,

Some thoughts to help get you back on-line…  Your X (a.k.a. X.org) could be messed up. First thing you can try is rebuilding your xorg.conf file.

Backup the original:

cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf ~/Desktop/xorg.conf.BACKUP

Create a new one:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Next… could be probs in the below files:

•Load sessions from /usr/share/xsessions

•Store session configuration in ~/.dmrc

Let me know how it goes…   It is very possible the “xsessions” or “.dmrc” files are messed up. I can send you mine if needed. Oh, this link might help:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/LightDM/Design

-=Raj=-