From: Bill McGonigle <bill-6ft+4TUC7y9qCwUM1VThig <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: [DLSLUG-Announce] TONIGHT: Open Source Software at Symscape
Newsgroups: gmane.org.user-groups.linux.gnhlug.announce
Date: Thursday 1st July 2010 21:03:49 UTC (over 8 years ago)
[I screwed up sending the announcement last week, apologies]

--------------

Open Source Software at Symscape

I will discuss the use of open source software at Symscape, primarily in
relation to Caedium. Caedium is a cross-platform, unified simulation
environment for Computational Fluid Dynamics, which uses a number of open
source components including wxWidgets, VTK, OpenCascade, and OpenFOAM.

For more details on Caedium try:
http://www.symscape.com/product/caedium

Bio

I founded Symscape, the company responsible for Caedium, in 2006. I'm the
sole employee, primarily focused on software development.

Education
I graduated from UMIST (now University of Manchester), England with a
degree in mechanical engineering, followed by an EngD (PhD combined with
MBA courses) in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) - thesis: Automatic
Grid Generation for Compressible Navier-Stokes Solvers in Aerodynamic
Design for Complex Geometries, May 1996.

Industry
My 15-year industrial career spans both the application and development of
CFD at leading companies including BAE Systems, Fluent (now part of
ANSYS), CD-Adapco and Advantage CFD.

For a more detailed biography try:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richjsmith

--