=James Birkholz= | 1 Jan 16:05 2005

code inside user editable text?

Is it possible to insert a dynamic data retrieval function into the middle
of an article? In other words, to allow user edits, but have something in
the text that calls a query/table building routine. I have some articles
that need to display data from tables in the same database that I installed
WikiMedia into. Rather than editing that data into tables by hand, it would
be so much easier to have a routine build the tables, and have any changes
to the database reflected in the article automatically.

Alternate ideas might include:
1) putting the logic in the overall page display logic (as part of a
Special: page?), but would prefer to have it in the main article text, not
as a footer
2) using links to point to non-wiki pages that display the tables (again,
prefer to have the data in the main article text, not hidden on other pages

Ideas?

James Birkholz
admin, Posen-L mailing list and website
http://www.Posen-L.com