Bruce Bertrand | 1 Jun 22:42 2004

Re: Including an external html (or php) file

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 04:10 pm, Brion Vibber wrote:
> Bruce Bertrand wrote:
> > Is there a way to display an external html or php file within a page?
>
> No. You could add a way, I suppose, but there isn't one.
>
> >  Or even
> > just insert some raw html code?  the <nowiki> tag doesn't seem to work
> > for this.
>
> Arbitrary HTML is dangerous: cross-site scripting attacks; hijacking
> sessions of other users, etc.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion  <at>  pobox.com)

Perhaps an <html> tag that would disable the wiki processing and could itself
be disabled in the config file (similar to the whitelist flag, only give it
to SysAdmins).

My goal it to insert an html form into a particular page (and protect that
page).  I've modified some html through the WikiMedia:All_messages pages (in
particular, to display a Creative Commons Liscence notice, but I don't fully
understand the way that these messages are parsed, and I don't think I'd be
able to do what I'm trying to do with it.

Maybe I just need to create a static html page and have my wiki pages link to
it, but I'd rather stay in the wiki.

Bruce

Gmane