Re: Help with udp/rpl example [sensinode/cc2530 based]?..

On 20:59, jonsmirl <at> gmail.com wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 4:57 AM, Бојан Миладиновић<bojankv <at> uns.ac.rs>  wrote:
>> I've been able to put contiki in IAR 7.51a workbench, so I'm using it as a
>> compiler..
>> I had a lot of problems with sdcc, even new versions (6000+) because of
>> banking..
> Have you worked with the cc2531? It makes a really nice USB stick.
> http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/cc2531emk.html
> http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/cc2531usb-rd.html
Yes, I have used it as a sink node from 802.15.4 network of nodes to PC,
via virtual serial driver taken from TI's examples.. It removed a lot of
work, and it's easy to implement on any other system type because of
it.. It's a very good chip..

> There have reworked the antenna design of the cc253x to only need
> about $0.09 of passives instead of the $0.75 ceramic balun they used
> to use. A stripped down version of that USB stick can probably be
> produced for less than $10. The reference design still has the old
> balun.
>
> The cc2531 has on-chip USB which lets you write real USB drivers for
> it (like CDC Ethernet). You can't do that with the mc13224. The Raven
> sticks do the same thing but they cost twice as much to produce.
I never used Raven's as here on faculty we only have a couple sets of
cc253x, but as I can see, it's different architecture of MCU than cc2530..
> SDCC did a 3.0 version a couple of weeks ago. They say they have
> improved banking support.
> November 1st, 2010: Small Device C Compiler 3.0.0 released.

> sdcpp synchronized with GNU cpp 4.5.0
> changed z80 and gb targets object file extension to .rel
> special sdcc keywords which are not preceded by a double underscore
> are deprecated in sdcc version 3.0.0 and higher. See section
> ANSI-Compliance in sdccman
> xa51 and avr targets are disabled by default in sdcc version 3.0.0 and higher
> introduced new memory model huge for mcs51 to use bankswitching for
> all functions
>

> I am currently working on the mc13224. But I am really attracted to
> the completeness of the cc2531 chip. Needing IAR has stopped me
> because it limits open source development.

For some reason, banking made me little crazy on SDCC for a quite some
time, so I had to try to put contiki into IAR.. I must say it was not a
problem, it was very fast to make it compilable, and without any extra
declaration for banking support, except declaring it in project options
.. Until I have all working nicely and few bugs resolved, I will stick
to IAR, as it has debugger(as it is, but it's a debugger), but once that
gets resolved, it will be made to sdcc and hopefully cc2530 cpu and
platform section will be put to cvs.. So IAR is for now temporary tool
for resolving all quirks, so hopefully it will be soon obsolete :)

Greet's
Bojan