From: Reini Urban <rurban <at> x-ray.at>
Subject: Updated: postgresql-8.0.7-1, postgresql-8.1.3-1
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin.announce
Date: Saturday 4th March 2006 12:03:10 UTC (over 10 years ago)
postgresql 8.0.7-1 and 8.1.3-1 is released via the cygwin setup.exe
mirror network.

What's new:
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/whatsnew
(for 8.1)
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/release.html#RELEASE-8-0-7

Before you upgrade a postgresql package to a new new major or
minor version (7.4 => 8.0 => 8.1), be sure to dump all your data before!
With the new package you will not be able to access your old databases.
=> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/app-pg-dumpall.html
Minor subrelease updates (e.g. 8.0.4 to 8.0.7) can safely access the
same database.

Be sure to read the README.cygwin and the postgresql documentation.

I recommend to install the new 8.1 right away, available as [test]
version from setup, and skip 8.0 altogether. 8.1. has major feature
improvements over 8.0, esp. when you use tsearch2 and PostGIS
(crash-recovery on GiST indices, improved concurrency).

I'll keep 8.0 a while as curr, but will drop 7.4 from prev soon.

Please ask questions here at ,
and only if you really have to, over at .

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

[email protected]

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here: