From: Matthew Dillon <dillon <at> apollo.backplane.com>
Subject: AMD cpu bug update -- AMD confirms!
Newsgroups: gmane.os.dragonfly-bsd.kernel
Date: Monday 5th March 2012 19:27:44 UTC (over 4 years ago)
AMD has confirmed the cpu bug that I analyzed.  I am going to quote
    the first paragraph.  They gave me some more info and will be updating
    their revision guide.  To avoid any confusion (so they can finalize
their
    wording for the entry they will be putting in the revision guide) I'm
    just including the confirmation here.

    quote>>

    "AMD has taken your example and also analyzed the segmentation fault
and
    the fill_sons_in_loop code. We confirm that you have found an erratum
    with som e AMD processor families. The specific compiled version of
    the fill_sons_in_loop code, through a very specific sequence of
    consecutive back-to-back pops and (near) return instructions, can
    create a condition where the process or incorrectly updates the
    stack pointer."

    <

CD: 2ms