From: Adrian Wontroba <aw1 <at> stade.co.uk>
Subject: Re: FreeBSD 7, runaway clock as guest OS on Microsoft Virtual Server
Newsgroups: gmane.os.freebsd.stable
Date: Friday 23rd January 2009 03:58:15 UTC (over 7 years ago)
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 03:01:51AM +0000, Adrian Wontroba wrote:
> I'm afraid that most of the salient details are inaccessible at work,
> but I found this necessary to get sort of acceptable[*] time keeping in
> FreeBSD guests under VMware on Windows.

Sorry, I've got VMware on the brain at present, and missed the fact that
you are using MS VS.

We had time keeping problems with that too. And far worse ones with
FreeBSD ATA drives dropping of the system and the unforgiveable fault of
data corruption on Windows drives. Though the latter problem has been
fixed, we've abandoned MS VS, VMware suits us better.

--
Adrian Wontroba
Organic chemistry is the chemistry of carbon compounds.