From: Mouse <mouse <at> Rodents-Montreal.ORG>
Subject: Re: Netbooting a sparc64 (netbsd-6)
Newsgroups: gmane.os.netbsd.current
Date: Tuesday 28th February 2012 14:38:28 UTC (over 4 years ago)
> I have had no end of problems netbooting when connected to some
> models of Cisco Catalyst switch.  The [dominant] model in use here is
> a 2924, and it seems to take *forever* to do [its] autonegociation.
> So long that first ofwboot, and then the kernel frequently timeout.

I've had related issues with a SS20 connected to a 2924 (specifically,
a WS-C2924-XL-EN) - unless I specifically tell it to use twisted pair,
it will time out and switch to AUI when the ROMs are trying to netboot.

In my case, since the SS20's interface is 10-only, I put a small 10Mb
hub between the SS20 and the Cisco, which "fixed it" - ie, made the
symptom go away, though of course it didn't actually repair the
underlying problem.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		[email protected]