From: Toru Nishimura <locore64 <at> alkyltechnology.com>
Subject: LinkSys NSS4000 NAS w/ RM7000+PMON2000
Newsgroups: gmane.os.netbsd.ports.mips.devel
Date: Sunday 13th May 2007 16:59:17 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Guys,

I've been away from MIPS camp for long time since I have
no good modern MIPS HW at hand.  I found that one of LinkSys
NAS product named NSS4000 is a very good candidate to
port NetBSD.  PLS check out http://www.tmk.com/blog/?p=8
It has 600MHz RM7035C and a variety of modern PCI
peripherals.  The most interesting aspect is that it has
PMON2000 bootloader and HW provides serial console connector
to control.  I guess it's a kind of rare NAS box which equips L2
cache inside.  I hope the product would gain successful share
and would be replaced with bettter processor like MSP8150
(re-badged RM9150) in some future.

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology

CD: 3ms