From: Thiago Marcos P. Santos <tmpsantos <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Tip of the day: building WebKit faster
Newsgroups: gmane.os.opendarwin.webkit.efl
Date: Tuesday 20th November 2012 13:36:22 UTC (over 4 years ago)
I often see people building WebKit EFL using the build-webkit even
when they change a harmless line of code in a .cpp file.
The fastest way of building in this case is by invoking "make"
directly from the ./WebKitBuild/[Release|Debug]/ folder.

Example:

If you changed something on WebCore and is using the MiniBrowser for
testing, you have 4 options:

1. The coward option: will build everything, somehow equivalent to
build-webkit but probably faster.
$ make -jN

2. The safe option: will build all the dependencies up to the binary.
$ make MiniBrowser -jN

3. The cowboy option: in case you haven't changed the WebCore ABI, it
will build all the deps up to WebCore.
$ make webcore_efl -jN

4. Gangnam Style: will build and link just WebCore, fastest way
possible. Developer is 100% sure that no ABI breakage happened. No
dependency lookup.
$ make webcore_efl/fast -jN

N = Some people use the number of cores, others twice as much. You
know what is best.

Dedicated to Raphael Kubo which taught me the /fast one.

Cheers,

CD: 3ms