Grant Albitz | 17 Jan 03:07 2012

Re: Using OpenIndiana for iSCSI target

I just recently created this, attached is the steps I used, sorry I didn't comment them, but if you are unsure
about what they do you can always google them =). This wont be perfect but it will get you going in the right direction.

Shutdown / Reboot commands

Poweroff
Reboot
Allow Root SSH:
1.	vi /etc/ssh/sshd_config
2.	change permitrootlogin to yes
3.	vi /etc/default/login
4.	change line: CONSOLE =/dev/login|console
5.	usermod -K type=normal root
6.	reboot

Steps for Solaris Raid 1 boor partition
1.	create solaris parition with format/fdisk on second disk (c3t10d0)
2.	copy volumes from disk 0 to disk 1
prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c3t0d0s0 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c3t1d0s0
3.	Add second drive to rpool by attaching drive 0 and 1

Zpool attach -f rpool c3t0d0s0 c3t1d0s0

Check status: zpool status rpool

Steps for IP address configuration
1.	If no ip addresses exist in ifconfig -a edit /etc/hosts and make sure you have an entry for static ip and hostname.
2.	svcadm disable svc:/network/physical:nwam
3.	svcadm enable svc:/network/physical:default

4.	dladm show-phys

Optional - Rename Link
	Dladm rename-link oldname PSC.Net.1
5.	ipadm create-addr -T static -a 192.168.10.7/24 PSC.Net.1/v4
6.	route -p add default 192.168.10.254
7.	check for dns server info:
a.	cat /etc/resolv.conf
add our dns with vi if its missing: nameserver  192.168.10.10
8.	Check that we are configured to use files and dns for resolution:
a.	cat /etc/nsswitch.conf
b.	vi  /etc/nsswitch.conf

put files dns for hosts, ipnodes, and networks.

Steps for Solaris Raid 10
1.	Zpool create PSC.Net mirror disk1 disk2
2.	Zpool add PSC.Net mirror disk3 disk4
3.	Zpool add PSC.Net mirror disk5 disk6 etc...
Steps for adding cache drives
1.	Zpool add PSC.Net cache disk1
2.	Zpool add PSC.Net cache disk2
Disable Zil
1.	 zfs set sync=disabled PSC.Net
2.	Zfs get sync
Steps for setting up Comstar
1.	svcadm enable svc:/system/stmf:default
2.	zpool list (will tell you capacity, substitute capacity in next line, its currently 20G)
3.	zfs create -V 20G PSC.Net/ISCSI.PSC.Net
4.	sbdadm create-lu /dev/zvol/rdsk/PSC.Net/ISCSI.PSC.Net
5.	sbdadm list-lu
6.	stmfadm add-view (LUN Name/Number)
7.	pkg install -v SUNWiscsit
8.	svcadm enable -r svc:/network/iscsi/target:default
9.	itadm create-target
Install GUI (For Management)
1.	wget -O - www.napp-it.org/nappit | perl