From: Dennis Clarke <dclarke <at> blastwave.org>
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL: wesunsolve.net closed
Newsgroups: gmane.os.solaris.pca
Date: Thursday 20th September 2012 01:20:37 UTC (over 6 years ago)
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wickline,	Bob (N-STERLING COMPUTERS CORPORATION)"

Date: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:17 pm
Subject: Re: [pca] EXTERNAL:  wesunsolve.net closed
To: "PCA (Patch Check Advanced) Discussion"

> I submitted a SlashDot article about it but it didn't get promoted:
>
> http://slashdot.org/firehose.pl?op=view&id=37475101

Yet another reason why I dropped oracle everywhere I could, and that means
inside customer sites also. I really don't think the morons inside oracle
have a clue at the size of the losses they inspire. I say "inspire" because
you can only hate that company. Every hardware contract that was in place
at two of the big three auto manufactuers has been killed. Every damn one.
I know as a fact as I worked on the migration away from Solaris and Sparc
over to SUSE Linux on one of those big auto's and the last stage is this
year, killing off Oracle database, oracle weblogic, oracle webserver (
websphere ) and the products just keep going away.

Seriously, Solaris is dead.

Dennis

ps: I should go kill blastwave .. it serves no purpose anymore anyways.
yeah .. done

CD: 4ms