From: Steven Gelsie <steven.gelsie <at> jhuapl.edu>
Subject: SRSS 5.2.5 firmware issues
Newsgroups: gmane.os.solaris.sunray
Date: Saturday 25th February 2012 13:08:59 UTC (over 5 years ago)
I put a help desk ticket into Oracle about this and I found someone
(Blane) that was very helpful.

1) Power cycling by using keys [Stop] [A] or [Control] [Qt moon]  clears
user's VPN password iin firmware.

    Answer:  The firmware has an security enchancement so now the DTU
pays attention to the VPN gateway setting to disallow stored password.
So you have to change the gateway setting if you still want the password
in the DTU.

2)  OSD "Status Display" setting is missing in firmware so the status of
connection is not being automatically being  displayed.  You can do a
[stop] [n] but this makes finding status much more difficult especially
dealing with users.

   Answer:  This is change in the firmware. God knows why.
During Boot With the new Sun Ray Software 5.2 firmware installed, a
spinning wheel icon is displayed now by
default on a Sun Ray Client when it boots, instead of showing the
On-Screen Display (OSD) icons.
To show the details of the boot process and to help identify problems,
you can use the Stop-O key
sequence (or Ctrl-Pause-O on non-Sun keyboards) to enable the On-Screen
Display (OSD) icons to
display.

Steve

--
Steven Gelsie                   Email: steven.gelsie@jhuapl.edu
Johns Hopkins Univ./APL     	Phone: 240-228-4081   DC

CD: 2ms