Re: tomakeadifference] New Year
2010-12-13 06:26:27 GMT
To give publicity of TMAD activities is a very good idea so that we can got lot of volunteers and donors.
Calendars Printing is a good idea with our photos. I hv few queries.
1) r v going to use TMAD money for printing or collecting money from volunteers?
2) r v selling the calendars to our friends/colleagues with excess amount so that we can get funds for our cases? For ex, if the cost of calendar is Rs. 100, then v will sell for Rs.200. So, Rs.100 can b used for TMAD cases.
3) Y should they buy our calendars? What is the reason? As per my observation, if these r prepared by Mentally Retarded children or Orphans then they might show interest to help them. Here, v dont know for which cases like Education/Medical v r going to support with this money. Few people would like to support Education and few for Medical. how can v justify.
4) V can not sell these for Fund raising purpose only. Around 200 volunteers are registered with TMAD, but how many are giving monthly contributions of Rs.100. If they all give monthly mandatory then v will get Rs.20,000. With this money v can do lot of activities. Only problem here is not seriousness in our volunteers.
V r struggling for volunteers at Hyderabad to conduct events. I can agree with you that every time all volunteers will not b free and v can not spend time for TMAD by sacrificing our personal work. But, at least v can spend 1 hr per week. Why v r not doing, it should b answered by volunteers only. Here every volunteer has same rights to do anything. But, just for name sake v kept the roles of President/Secretary etc.. to show to others. This designation does not give more power to anybody
5) Publicity: V gave the priority to updating our website in last year Anniversary meet. Harinath developed this website in Joomla and then Jitu updating the cases. These 2 volunteers only taking care of website. They also busy with their office work. If we have lot of volunteer who can help them, it might b rolled out early. v r planning to roll out by 1st, Jan 2011. Once, it is updated, v can send the details of our website to all of our friends so that v can get more funds and volunteers.
Please give ur suggestions reg our website (www.tmad.org) updates.
Please dont consider this as personal and share ur ideas to serve the society better through TMAD.
Pa1.On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 6:19 PM, naveen kumar <navinramisetti <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
Arun,We need to do lot of things.1. selecting the photos2. what needs to be printed on the photos3. how/where to printwe can form a separate to team to work on this.if we want to raise funds with this we can order bulk print. if 50 member team sells 10 pc each <at> Rs 100/- we can raise 50,000/-
--- On Mon, 12/6/10, ArunK <arunelr <at> gmail.com> wrote:
From: ArunK <arunelr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: [tomakeadifference] tomakeadifference] New Year
Date: Monday, December 6, 2010, 1:54 AM
True...we can go ahead with this....we can go ahead with bulk printing of calendars, which might be expensive.OrWe can have our own calendars printed with common material supplied by the TEAM(TMAD) may be with addresses, phonenumbers, and some activities frm each chapter for each month(Blr can have more months/pages :))We can get thm printed on zoomin or snapfish where we have lot of offers going on right now...zoomin has a 50% off on calendars right now...so with 100 or 200 bucks we can have our calendar on our desk.I wanted to tell a lot abt TMAD to my colleagues here but I dont want to go drum beating to each one of them.....This calendar idea mite help me...and I am ready to spend some amount frm my pocket for this :)ArunKOn Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 2:38 PM, naveen kumar <navinramisetti-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
Dear All,A new year is beginning and it's time to make a serious commitment on reaching needy, bringing in new volunteers...etcsay..we print calendars/Dairy for 2011 with all our achievements/future plans in pics. Objective is to make people aware of TMAD achievements through this calendars. Bangalore team has done tremendous work this year and i am sure they have lot to show.Moreover it also helps us in fundraising.
Please share your views on this.